The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN), a public research organisation, is currently recruiting a Clinical Research Data Scientist.
ECRIN is the not-for-profit European research infrastructure specialising in multinational clinical research for all medical disciplines.
ECRIN connects national clinical research networks (mainly academic clinical trial units (CTUs)), having the capacity to manage clinical trials on the national level. ECRIN provides information, consultations and operational clinical trial tasks and services to Sponsors and/or investigators of clinical trials initiated by academic investigators or SMEs. ECRIN’s involvement covers all clinical trial activities, from study planning and preparation of grant application, to the set-up and conduct of multinational clinical trials in any disease area.
ECRIN also contributes to a growing portfolio of EU-funded projects to develop new services, tools, and knowledge to meet the needs of medical research communities. For more information please visit our website www.ecrin.org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Research Data Scientist position is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual who wishes to further develop his/her expertise in clinical research data and metadata standards, bibliographic data science, data management and multinational projects.
The ECRIN Clinical Research Data Scientist will participate in the planning, modelling, design, implementation, testing and documentation of tools and services, including IT solutions, supporting data management and infrastructure systems in clinical research.
He or she will join a growing data team, part of the Infrastructure Development Unit, including existing data scientists, project managers and external consultants. The team participates in projects on data management in multi-arm trials; the use of data standards in clinical research; the use, development and mapping of scientific metadata; data sharing and secondary use of health and research data; and the ECRIN data centre certification programme and standards development.
The post holder will be expected to support ECRIN in driving forward the greater use of clinical research data and metadata standards in a variety of projects, working with collaborator organisations as necessary. He/she will also be expected to work with collaborators, in discussing, comparing and developing a wide range of controlled terminology and metadata systems in both clinical research and in biomedical science more generally. The post holder reports to the Head of the Infrastructure Development Unit.
Requirements (education, knowledge and skills):
- MS level, scientific background (biomedical sciences, data or computer science, or mathematics, physics, biology)
- Experience with clinical research and / or healthcare data management
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of organisations and professionals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language)
- A dedicated yet diplomatic personality
Recommended knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of standards in clinical research projects and/or healthcare data management
- Knowledge of ontologies, metadata schemas and classifications in health research
- Experience in using tools supporting work with standards, classifications, metadata and ontologies
- Advanced degree in Health or Life Sciences (PhD level would be a plus),
- Extensive experience in project management, in particular EU-funded projects (H2020, Horizon Europe, IHI),
- Experience in operating at European/international level and in multicultural environments,
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and ability in managing tasks across various functions and projects,
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, other languages a plus,
- Team player,
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Able to travel when required for project meetings.
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions and will depend on qualifications and experience. A relocation package may be included.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) shall be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com), who may also be contacted for further details.
Deadline for application: 30/11/2022
Expected start date: As soon as possible
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org