The TMex Winter School 2020 edition consists of a 5-day online workshop. The course is intended for PhD students in the second half of their PhD, early postdocs and other young scientists involved in biomedical research. For the first time, the course will take place online, allowing more flexibility while retaining its characteristic interactive and friendly atmosphere.
PhD students in the second half of their PhD, early postdocs and other young scientists involved in biomedical research.
About the course
- Provides a birds eye view of the medicine discovery & development process
- Raises awareness of obstacles and challenges involved
- Introduces the different players (academia, SME, pharma, regulatory) and career options
26 - 30 October 2020, 9:00 – 18:00 CET
Your computer: Each day will have a mix of lectures, activities and self-study time. You will need a desktop computer or laptop with web cam and stable internet connection.
Registration (now open)
First come, first serve . There are only 30 seats, so we recommend applying early. The registration will close on August 1st 2020.
The course fee is 175 Euro. A special discounted fee of 100€ applies for EATRIS members, VHIR & I3H students.
What our students say
- “It was a difficult decision to leave the lab for 5 days but it is worth it” (Kevin Ferreira)
- “Very interactive course with a non-traditional approach. The course reflects the reality of translational medicine: getting a lot of people with different backgrounds to work together as a team” (Miriam Ayuso)
- “This course taught me things I didn’t know would even exist. The course inspired me that the PhD is more than just gaining scientific knowledge, but also to use the time to work on my personality” (Inga Hensel)
- Rosan Vegter, Academia Engagement Officer, European Medicines Agency, EMA
- Bob Harris, Professor Immunotherapy, Karolinska Institute
- Maria Borell, Senior Investigator, Patient Representative at EURORDIS
- Keith Williams, Director, KW Drug Developments
- Anton Ussi, Director, EATRIS