The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) and ECRIN will organise a virtual meeting entitled at 09h00 Brussels time on 16 February 2022.
The event is part of a series of Science Dialogue meetings within the context of the EU-AU Summit taking place in Brussels on 17-18 February 2022.
At this event key global health actors will discuss the next steps to mobilise all the stakeholders necessary for building sustainable clinical research infrastructure, skills’ development, and strengthening of institutions for the development and uptake of safe and effective R&I products in Africa. The purpose of the meeting will be to raise awareness amongst policymakers of the key role of clinical trials in addressing health challenges in Africa. Topics will include capacity building, policy options, collaboration models, non-Exchequer funding and an enabling regulatory and policy environment for research collaboration with Africa and with global partners.
The session speakers will include (by alphabetical order):
- Jacques Demotes, ECRIN Executive Director, France
- Martina Hirayama, State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation, Switzerland
- Michael Makanga, EDCTP Executive Director, the Netherlands
- Leonardo Simão, EDCTP High Representative, Africa
- Raji Tajudeen, Head, Division of Public Health Institutes and Research, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, Ethiopia
- Marcel Tanner, EDCTP High Representative, Europe
- Rhoda Wanyenze, Professor and Dean, School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Uganda
Please see the full programme including the latest updates here: https://www.edctp.org/event/edctp-at-eu-au-summit/