As the world is confronted with the COVID-19 crisis, all working in healthcare systems taking care of patients have the highest priority. The COVID-19 crises requires researchers to join forces worldwide to find a cure and a vaccine, and sharing research data is a critical step in this global cooperation effort. In this context, ECRIN has established a COVID-19 Taskforce with its national partners:
- Review and digest the scientific literature on COVID clinical trials
- Develop a metadata repository for COVID trials making all the non-sensitive COVID-19 trial data accessible
- Develop a database on the regulatory, ethical and data protection fast track approvals across all European countries
- Ensure preparedness of its national clinical trial unit (CTU) partners for COVID trials
- Combine and coordinate national initiatives to promote multinational rather than national trials, including through connection with national funders, sponsors investigators and CTUs
- Develop partnership with national and pan-European investigation networks on infectious diseases and intensive care
- Outreach to investigators, sponsors, patients, policymakers, funders, and citizens
- International cooperation and outreach, including with WHO and through CRIGH and other initiatives
For any further information please contact ECRIN’s Head of Clinical Operations Unit, Sabine Kläger via mail.
Legal disclaimer for the COVID-19 Taksforce internet pages.