COVID-19 clinical research pages
The COVID-19 crisis requires researchers to join forces worldwide to find a cure and a vaccine, and sharing research data is a critical step in this global cooperation effort. In this context, ECRIN has published COVID-19 clinical research pages with its national partners:
- Review and digest the scientific literature on COVID clinical trials
- Develop a metadata repository for COVID trials making all the non-sensitive COVID-19 trial data accessible
- Develop a database on the regulatory, ethical and data protection fast track approvals across all European countries
- Ensure preparedness of its national clinical trial unit (CTU) partners for COVID trials
- Combine and coordinate national initiatives to promote multinational rather than national trials, including through connection with national funders, sponsors investigators and CTUs
- Develop partnership with national and pan-European investigation networks on infectious diseases and intensive care
- Outreach to investigators, sponsors, patients, policymakers, funders, and citizens
- International cooperation and outreach, including with WHO and through CRIGH and other initiatives
Discover ECRIN's response to boost Covid-19 research
Most of the European countries have put in place accelerated procedures (“Fast track” procedure) for the evaluation and authorisation of clinical trials related to the management of the pandemic COVID-19.
Discover the Covid-19 fast track procedures.