ICTD 2023 - Panel: Future of patient participation: conventional, hybrid, fully decentralized?
The panel included Rachel Copland, Ditte Zerlang Anderson, Ly-Mee Yu, Rafal Staszewski, and addressed a variety of hot topics on the organisation and participation of decentralised clinical trials (DCT). A few key ideas include:
- Participants must be the focus of the research and PPI must be taken into consideration from the start
- Education with all stakeholders is necessary
- Clear communication is essential
- The regulators are working to support DCTs but the current landscape needs greater harmonisation
- Efficient and safe use of patient data is essential for all elements of the DCT