The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN, www.ecrin.org), a public research organisation, is currently recruiting a Clinical Research Data Scientist, to be based at its Paris office.
ECRIN is a non-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25th June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures (clinical trial units) having the capacity to manage trials locally. ECRIN provides information, consulting and services to investigators and sponsors in the preparation and in the conduct of multinational clinical studies, in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
ECRIN also participates in EU-funded projects to develop new services, tools and knowledge meeting the needs of the medical research communities. In particular ECRIN participates in the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) to develop, together with other European research infrastructures, new data services, including clinical trial data sharing and secondary use of data. ECRIN is also involved in personalized medicine research, and in various COVID19 projects requiring expertise on data management, data standards and data sharing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual who wishes to further develop his/her expertise in clinical research data management and multinational research projects.
The ECRIN Clinical Research Data Scientist will participate in the planning, modelling, design, implementation, testing and documentation of tools and services, including IT solutions, supporting data management and infrastructure systems in clinical research.
He or she will join a growing data team, part of the Infrastructure Development Unit, including existing data scientists, project managers and external consultants. The team participates in projects on data management in multi-arm trials, the use of data standards in clinical research, the use, development and mapping of scientific metadata, data sharing and secondary use of health and research data, and the ECRIN data centre certification programme and standards development.
The post holder reports to the Head of the Infrastructure Development Unit.
Requirements (education, knowledge and skills):
- MS level, scientific background (biomedical sciences, computer science, or mathematics, physics, biology).
- Knowledge of clinical research and / or healthcare data management.
- Knowledge of regulatory and data protection challenges in personal data management.
- Knowledge of modern IT architectures, including web-based technologies, especially as they relate to clinical data research management.
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of organisations and professionals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language).
- A dedicated yet diplomatic personality.
Recommended knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity with standards in clinical research projects (especially but not exclusively CDISC) and metadata standards in scientific research.
- Ability to support data sharing, e.g. by de-identification measures and transformation into more standardised forms.
- Knowledge of the use of data standards in routine healthcare to promote research.
- Experience in project management.
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience. A relocation package may be included.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where ECRIN has its Management Office and legal address.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com).
Deadline to receive applications: 31/05/2021
Expected start date: June 2021
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org