The Paediatric Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (PedCRIN) kick-off meeting was held from 9 to 10 January 2017 at the Pitié Salpêtrière hospital in Paris.
PedCRIN brings together ECRIN and the European Paediatric Clinical Trial Research Infrastructure (EPCTRI) to develop capacity for multinational paediatric clinical trials.
During the meeting there were presentations of the project participants and its five work packages (WPs):
- WP1: Project coordination and implementation of management decisions
- WP2: Definition of the PedCRIN business strategy and governance structure
- WP3: Development of tools specific for paediatric and neonatal trials (trial methodology and outcome measures, adverse event reporting bio-sample management, ethical and regulatory database, monitoring, quality and certification)
- WP4: Provision of operational support to select pilot trials, which will be coordinated by ECRIN with the support of national paediatric coordinators hosted by paediatric networks (that currently exist or are being set-up)
- WP5: Communication targeting user communities (including industry partners) and policymakers, and aiming to empower patients and parents
PedCRIN is funded by the Horizon 2020 INFRADEV-3 call (grant agreement number 731046).