PedCRIN (Paediatric Clinical Research Infrastructure Network)
Funded by Horizon 2020, the Paediatric Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (PedCRIN) brings together ECRIN and the European Paediatric Clinical Trial Research Infrastructure (EPCTRI) to develop capacity for multinational paediatric clinical trials.
Launched on January 1st, 2017, the project will last four years and includes five work packages (WPs):
- WP1: Project coordination and implementation of management decisions
- WP2: Definition of the PedCRIN business strategy and governance structure
- WP3: Development of tools specific for paediatric and neonatal trials (trial methodology and outcome measures, adverse event reporting bio-sample management, ethical and regulatory database, monitoring, quality and certification)
- WP4: Provision of operational support to select pilot trials, which will be coordinated by ECRIN with the support of national paediatric coordinators hosted by paediatric networks (that currently exist or are being set-up)
- WP5: Communication targeting user communities (including industry partners) and policymakers, and aiming to empower patients and parents
To learn more about PedCRIN and the need for multinational paediatric clinical studies, see the fact sheet
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme under grant agreement number 731046.