CORBEL (Coordinated Research Infrastructures Building Enduring Life-science Services)
The Horizon 2020-funded CORBEL project aims to establish shared services between the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures Biological and Medical Sciences Research Infrastructures (ESFRI BMS RIs)–which includes ECRIN–for the biomedical research community. CORBEL will achieve this by creating cross-infrastructure scientific workflows. A suite of common services will be developed and dynamically updated in response to specific user and research infrastructure needs. Partnerships with user communities working in European programmes such as Joint Programming Initiatives (JPI) or ERA-NETs (European Research Area Networks) and private-public partnerships such as the Innovative Medicine Initiative (IMI) will be facilitated by single access points and joint services.
The illustration below shows how ECRIN interacts specifically in CORBEL with other biomedical RIs, highlighting RI focus areas and disease priorities.
Medical Infrastructure / Users Forum (MIUF)
ECRIN is leading the work package in charge of the creation of a medical infrastructure / users forum (MIUF), which is a body of scientific experts. The MIUF aims to be a key instrument for the efficient development and use of biomedical research in Europe. It will guide the development of shared services and support their incorporation within participating research infrastructures and partner institutions, laying a solid foundation for long-term cooperation.
As part of the MIUF's work, a questionnaire was created to collect the needs and expectations of medical research communities and overall users of RIs. The responses have been collected and analysed in a report. They will be used as input to gather recommendations for continuous improvement and development of new, transversal services.
CORBEL has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 654248.
- 13-01-2020 - New Paper: Selecting Core Outcomes for Randomised Effectiveness trials In Type 2 diabetes (SCORE-IT): a patient and healthcare professional consensus on a core outcome set for type 2 diabetes
- 22-11-2019 - CORBEL Final Open Meeting
- 22-11-2019 - Webinar: How to make your event successful and eligible for EU funding: Event management for Research Infrastructures
- 31-10-2019 - CORBEL Medical Infrastructure Users Forum (MIUF) Meeting (cancelled)
- 31-10-2019 - 2nd CORBEL Service Operator and User Meeting
- 22-11-2018 - Partner News: CORBEL webinar "BBMRI-ERIC Quality Management Services for basic and applied research on human specimens"
- 18-10-2018 - CORBEL: Annual General Meeting
- 16-10-2018 - CORBEL: MIUF Meeting
- 21-09-2018 - CORBEL 3rd Annual General Meeting
- 24-08-2018 - CORBEL Medical Infrastructure Users Forum
- 23-05-2018 - CORBEL launches 2nd Open Call for research projects
- 03-04-2018 - CORBEL 2nd Open Call
- 13-03-2017 - CORBEL 'Medical Infrastructure / Users Forum' (MIUF) Survey Report
- 24-02-2017 - CORBEL Innovation Meeting
- 02-02-2017 - 3rd CORBEL/MIUF Meeting
- 02-02-2017 - CORBEL Final Meeting on Patient-Level Data Sharing
- 24-10-2016 - CORBEL Launches 1st Open Call for Research Projects
- 28-07-2016 - CORBEL Meeting on Survey Outcomes
- 28-07-2016 - CORBEL Meeting on Patient-Level Data-Sharing
- 02-06-2016 - CORBEL Survey on User Needs
- 29-02-2016 - CORBEL Workshop on Access to Individual Patient Data