The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN, www.ecrin.org), a public research organisation, is currently recruiting a Project Manager to be based at its Paris head office.
ECRIN is a not-for-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013.
ECRIN main mission is to provide support to the planning, set-up and conduct of multinational clinical research projects in Europe focused on Sponsor’s tasks and responsibilities. To support this mission, ECRIN is also involved in or coordinates EU-funded projects to develop its capacity and tools.
ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures, mainly clinical trial units, having the capacity to manage clinical studies nationally. ECRIN provides information, consultations and services to Sponsors and/or investigators of investigator initiated clinical studies. ECRIN’s involvement covers all activities, from study planning and preparation of grant application, to the set-up and conduct of multinational clinical studies in any disease area.
Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the European Union Framework Programme (Horizon Europe, Horizon 2020 or the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI). ECRIN also coordinates or participates in research infrastructure development projects, as well as international cooperation and strategic initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual who wishes to further develop his/her career in EU Framework project management working in an international environment within a dynamic multinational team at the ECRIN office in Paris.
The main duties of the Project Manager include the following:
- Coordinating or contributing to the work packages and task activities ECRIN is responsible for in the projects
- Driving the involvement of relevant internal or external experts to meet the project objectives
- Ensuring that specific tasks under ECRIN responsibility are implemented and completed successfully in line with the planned timelines
- Contributing to internal and external communication related to the projects
- Establishing strong interactions with the project partners
- Contributing to strategic oversight of project portfolios, as required
- Maintaining all project information and documents up to date
- Contributing as required to the training of ECRIN staff, project staff and/or external partners
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the quality management system, in particular as author/editor of SOPs
- Contributing as required to the writing of proposals
- Working on other duties as assigned
- University degree in Health or Life Sciences (PhD level would be a plus)
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience in multinational clinical research including knowledge of the clinical research development process, GCP, local and international regulatory and data protection requirements would be a plus
- Extensive experience in project management, in particular EU funded projects (H2020, IMI)
- Experience in operating at European/international level and in multicultural environments
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and ability in managing tasks across various functions and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player
The post is under the responsibility of the Head of Unit. The Project Manager shall work in close collaboration with the ECRIN core team in Paris and the national European Correspondents based in the ECRIN member/observer countries.
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where ECRIN has its Management Office and legal address.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline to receive applications: 15 January 2022
Expected start date: As soon as possible
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org