The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN, www.ecrin.org), a public research organisation, is currently recruiting an experienced Clinical Research Data Manager, to be based at its Paris office.
ECRIN is a non-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25th June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures (clinical trial units) having the capacity to manage trials locally. ECRIN provides information, consulting and services to investigators and sponsors in the preparation and in the conduct of multinational clinical studies, in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
ECRIN participates in the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) to develop, together with other European research infrastructures, new data services meeting the needs of the medical research communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual who wishes to further develop his/her career in clinical research data management and his/her experience of multinational research projects.
The ECRIN Data Manager will participate in the planning, modelling, design, implementation, testing and documentation of IT solutions, tools and services supporting clinical research. In particular, he/she will act as the technical representative of ECRIN in the EOSC and other collaborative projects. This includes a participation in the ECRIN data centre certification programme, and in projects on data management in multiarm trials, on cohort integration, on multimodal data management, on data sharing and on secondary use of health data.
The Data Manager works within the ECRIN core team based in Paris, in the Infrastructure Development unit. The post is under the hierarchical responsibility of the ECRIN Operations Director, in close collaboration with the Data Scientist and the IT consultant.
- PhD level, scientific background (computer science, or mathematics, physics, biology)
- Extensive knowledge and professional experience of clinical trial data management
- Knowledge of data management in clinical studies, including cohorts and multimodal data management
- Knowledge of data protection challenges for secondary use of sensitive health data
- Knowledge of modern IT architectures, including web-based technologies
- Experience in developing, testing, and documenting software projects
- Experience in project management
- Experience in operating at European/international level
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of organisations and professionals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language)
- A dedicated yet diplomatic personality
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience. A relocation package may be included.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where ECRIN has its Management Office and legal address.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com).
Deadline to receive applications: 8th December 2019
Expected start date: 1 January 2020
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org