ECRIN is currently recruiting a part-time Medical Expert.
ECRIN is a non-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25th June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures (clinical trial units) having the capacity to manage trials locally. ECRIN provides information, consulting and services to investigators and sponsors in the preparation and in the conduct of multinational clinical studies, in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The ECRIN Medical Expert acts at the interface between the ECRIN Clinical Operations unit, the ECRIN Scientific Board, and the investigators, which requires high level medical, scientific, pharmacological, methodological and biostatistical competencies. He / she supports, upon request, the ECRIN European Correspondents in interacting with the investigators during the trial design and planning phase. He / she also participates in the activities of the ECRIN Scientific Board making early decisions on collaboration for trial design and planning (Collaboration Committee), and later reviewing the final protocol (Peer-Review Board).
The Medical Expert works in close connection with the Head of Clinical Operations. He / she also interacts with the ECRIN European Correspondents, with the Paris-based Core Team (in particular the Clinical Operations unit), with the Scientific Board, and with the investigators.
The main duties of the ECRIN Medical Expert will include the following:
- Participation in the ECRIN Collaboration Committee and the Peer-Review Committee
- Upon request, support to the European Correspondents in the discussions with investigators on designing and planning multinational clinical studies
- Contribute to attract high quality, multinational clinical research projects through communication with investigators, investigation networks and sponsors
- Medical background, with specialization / expertise in clinical trials, clinical pharmacology, epidemiology
- Expertise in experimental design, methodology and biostatistics
- Experience in the management of multinational clinical trials
- Experience in H2020 / IMI funding applications and management
- Experience in operating at European/international level
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of organisations and professionals, including senior investigators, clinical research staff and regulatory authorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language)
- A tenacious yet diplomatic personality
The post is under the hierarchical responsibility of the Head of Clinical Operations.
The post is a part time position (10% FTE). The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience. There is no requirement regarding the place of employment and, if relevant, a part-time secondment contract should be established with the principal employer.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Independence and declaration of interests:
The Medical Expert of ECRIN will be required to make a declaration of commitment to act independently, in the public interest, and to make a declaration in relation to any conflicts of interest which might be considered prejudicial to his/her independence. Candidates must confirm their willingness to do so in their application.
Deadline to receive applications: 30th June 2019
Expected start date: September 2019
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.