SYNCHROS (SYNergies for Cohorts in Health: integrating the Role of all Stakeholders)
The “SYNergies for Cohorts in Health: integrating the Role of all Stakeholders” (SYNCHROS) project aims to establish a sustainable European strategy for the development of the next generation of integrated population, patient and clinical trial cohorts, thereby contributing to an international strategic agenda for enhanced coordination of cohorts globally.
The project will address the practical, ethical / legal, and methodological challenges to: optimising the exploitation of current and future cohort data in view of developing stratified and personalised medicine as well as facilitating health policy. In particular, SYNCHROS will:
- map the cohort landscape in Europe and large international initiatives;
- identify the best methods for integrating cohort data;
- identify solutions for addressing practical, ethical and legal challenges in integrating data across patient, clinical trial and population cohorts;
- evaluate the use of emerging and new data collection technologies and types of data.
SYNCHROS has received funding from the European Union Horizon 2020 programme under grant agreement number 825884.
- 18-01-2019 - SYNCHROS Kick-Off Meeting