The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN, www.ecrin.org), a public research organisation, is currently recruiting a Communication Officer, to be based at its Paris head office.
ECRIN is a not-for-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25th June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe focused on Sponsor’s tasks and responsibilities. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures, mainly clinical trial units, having the capacity to manage clinical studies nationally. ECRIN provides information, consultations and services to Sponsors and/or investigators of investigator initiated clinical studies. ECRIN’s involvement covers all activities, from study planning and preparation of grant application, to the set-up and conduct of multinational clinical studies in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
ECRIN also coordinates or participates in infrastructure development projects (in particular on clinical trial data), in various partnerships, international cooperation and strategic initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and experienced science communication officer who wishes to further develop his/her career in clinical research and to operate as part of an international team.
The main duties of the Communication Officer will include the following:
- Develop, with the ECRIN-ERIC management, a consistent communication strategy for:
- internal communication
- communication with national scientific partners
- communication with users (investigators, sponsors, clinical trial units)
- communication with policymakers and funders
- communication with patients and society
in order to strengthen ECRIN visibility and to promote the role and mission of ECRIN towards its stakeholders
- Establish a network of contacts across and outside the organisation and establish and manage communication channels to ensure effective distribution of communication materials and outputs across stakeholders
- Implement the communication strategy through various communication media:
- maintenance and upgrade of the content of the website
- maintenance and upgrade of the intranet
- documents for internal use, in particular internal newsletter
- documents for external communication, corporate video, webinars, external newsletter, brochures and flyers, social media
- ECRIN-ERIC reports
- scientific articles
- organisation of outreach activities including workshops and meetings (internal, and external with users, scientific communities, partners, policymakers, patients and citizens)
- Represent ECRIN-ERIC and its related projects in meetings, conferences, workshops
- Participate in ECRIN’s projects as needed for tasks related to communications
- Monitor the communication performance and achievements
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Communication and Marketing
- University degree in health, life science or related discipline (preferably an advanced degree)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of medical writing/scientific communication in the health sector, experience of a communication or marketing function in a clinical research or drug development environment (essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (working language) is mandatory. English as a native language highly desirable.
- Experience and understanding of using social media as a communications tool
- Editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative texts
- Proficient with MS Office package
- Command of image processing software
- Knowledge of publishing software programmes
- Graphic design skills
- Proficiency in database management, website content management and programming languages
- Critical-thinking skills, attention to factual detail and accuracy, and the ability to see relationships between ideas and organise complex information
- Ability to translate clinical research into accurate but approachable language, and to tailor the information to audiences that include policymakers, funders, healthcare professionals, patients, or the general public
- Strong interpersonal and networking abilities
- Excellent organisational skills, and ability in managing tasks across various functions and projects and within timelines
- Team player
- Experience in operating at European level and working in an international environment
The post is under the responsibility of the Operations Director. The Communication Officer shall work in close collaboration with the ECRIN Management Office (core team based in Paris and the national European Correspondents based in the ECRIN member/observer countries) and national nodes.
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience.
The position requires national and international travel to attend meetings with internal or external stakeholders.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where ECRIN has its Management Office and legal address.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com).
Deadline to receive applications: 28 February 2020
Expected start date: 1 April 2020
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org