PERMIT (PERsonalised MedicIne Trials)
The PERsonalised MedicIne Trials (‘PERMIT’) project on methodological standards for personalised medicine research will establish recommendations ensuring the robustness of personalised medicine trials.
In a series of workshops, participants, partners and selected experts will address the various aspects of methodology, design, data management, analysis and interpretation in personalised medicine research programmes, with the objective of reaching consensus and publishing recommendations.
In particular, the project will undertake a mapping of the literature on methodological practices in the various steps of personalised medicine programmes, and identify needs in terms of standardised methodology. It will also address the design of stratification and validation cohorts, and examine the use of stratification algorithms and robustness of stratification methods. It will also provide recommendations on innovative trial designs for personalised medicine, and will assess personalised vs. non-personalised medicine approaches in clinical trials.
Consortium and partners
The PERMIT consortium is composed of the following participants: pan-European research infrastructures (ECRIN, EATRIS, ELIXIR-LU/UNILU), funders (DLR), HTAs (KCE, ISCIII), patients (EPF), regulatory (ISS), data protection (TMF) and scientific experts.
Partners represent stakeholders interested in the quality of evidence generated by personalised medicine research (industry, medicine agencies, ethics committees, funders, journal editors, HTAs, BBMRI).
PERMIT has received funding from Horizon 2020 under grant agreement number 874825.
- 21-04-2022 - Advanced trial designs for personalised medicine: an interactive workshop on research methods
- 17-03-2022 - PERMIT Implementation workshop
- 17-02-2022 - PERMIT 4th General Assembly
- 07-01-2022 - New publication: Biomarker discovery studies for patient stratification using machine learning analysis of omics data: a scoping review
- 23-11-2021 - Workshop on ethics and data protection in personalised medicine
- 12-07-2021 - Get to know the PERMIT project - ICPerMed video
- 07-07-2021 - Recap of the Consultation Meeting on Machine Learning in Personalized Medicine
- 11-06-2021 - Translational development phase in personalised medicine a focus group on in silico preclinical models
- 08-06-2021 - Translational development phase in personalised medicine a focus group with industry.
- 30-03-2021 - How many patients does it take to build a robust stratification cohort?
- 18-01-2021 - 3rd PERMIT General Assembly
- 11-12-2020 - PERMIT project holds Gap Analysis Workshop
- 12-10-2020 - PERMIT project abstract selected for Cochrane special edition
- 07-05-2020 - PERMIT project: Main research methodologies for personalised medicine research
- 30-12-2019 - PERMIT (PERsonalised MedicIne Trials) Kick-Off Meeting
- 30-09-2019 - ICPerMed Vison Paper published: How can personalised approaches pave the way to next-generation medicine?
- 26-08-2019 - PERMIT Project on Methodological Standards for Personalised Medicine Now Funded