ECRIN is a non-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25th June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures (clinical trial units) having the capacity to manage trials locally. ECRIN provides information, consulting and services to investigators and sponsors in the preparation and in the conduct of multinational clinical studies, in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
ECRIN participates in the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) to develop, together with the European e-infrastructures, new data services meeting the needs of the medical research communities.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual who wishes to further develop his/her career in data science and his/her experience of multinational research projects.
The ECRIN Data Scientist / Computer Scientist will participate in the planning, modelling, design, implementation, testing and documentation of IT solutions, tools and services supporting clinical research using cloud-based systems. In particular, he/she will act as the technical respresentative of ECRIN in the EOSC collaborative projects, including the H2020 XDC project, involving liaison with users representatives and infrastructure engineers.
The Data Scientist / Computer Scientist works within the ECRIN core team based in Paris, in the Operation and Partnership unit. He/she works in close connection with the European e-infrastructutres involved in the EOSC projects. The post is under the hierarchical responsibility of the ECRIN Operations Director, in close collaboration with the data management expert and the IT consultant.
- PhD level, scientific background (computer science, or mathematics, physics, biology)
- Extensive knowledge of modern IT architectures, including web-based technologies
- Experience in developing, testing, and documenting software projects
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of organisations and professionals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language)
- A dedicated yet diplomatic personality
- Knowledge of data management and software architecture
- Experience in managing state-of-the-art private and public cloud services, including installation, configuration, deployment and scalability ; this should cover the full cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and various tools and components (eg. OpenID Connect, TOSCA)
- Experience in data modelling and database management
- Experience in clinical research and health research data management
- Experience in project management
- Experience in operating at European/international level
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience. A relocation package may be included.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where ECRIN has its Management Office and legal address.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com).
Deadline to receive applications: 15th February 2018
Expected start date: February 2018
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org