ECRIN is a non-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25 June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures (clinical trial units) having the capacity to manage trials locally. ECRIN provides information, consulting and services to investigators and sponsors in the preparation and in the conduct of multinational clinical studies, in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated collaborator who wishes to further develop his/her career and to operate as part of an international team.
The main duties of the Communication Officer will include the following:
- Contribute, with the ECRIN-ERIC management, to the definition of a consistent communication strategy for:
- internal communication
- communication with national scientific partners
- communication with users (investigators, sponsors, clinical trial units)
- communication with policymakers and funders
- communication with patients and society
- Implement this communication strategy through various communication media:
- maintenance and upgrade of the content of the website (with the support of IT specialists)
- maintenance and upgrade of the intranet
- documents for internal use, internal newsletter
- documents for external communication, external newsletter, brochures and flyers, social media
- reports to the ECRIN-ERIC governance structure and to funding bodies
- scientific articles
- template powerpoint presentations
- organisation of workshops and meetings (internal, and external with users, scientific communities, partners, policymakers, patients and citizens)
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in health, life science or related discipline, or communication (preferably an advanced degree)
- Experience in the field of medical writing/scientific communication in the health sector, experience of a communication or marketing function in a clinical research or drug development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (working language) is mandatory
- Experience and understanding of using social media as a communications tool
- Editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative texts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and able to interface with IT specialists for the development and upgrade of the website
- Experience working with web content management systems, and in particular Drupal
- Critical-thinking skills, attention to factual detail and accuracy, and the ability to see relationships between ideas and organize complex information
- Ability to translate clinical research into accurate but approachable language, and to tailor the information to audiences that include policymakers, funders, healthcare professionals, patients, or the general public
- Experience in operating at European level and working in an international environment
The post is under hierarchical responsibility of ECRIN-ERIC Director General. The post is a full- or part-time short-term contract according to French law (CDD). Salary will depend on qualification and experience.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where the ECRIN-ERIC has its Management Office and legal address.
Expected start date: September 2017.
ECRIN-ERIC is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organization.
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) to Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com) before July 21st, 2017.
More information on ECRIN-ERIC at www.ecrin.org